At GeoVest, your privacy is important to each member of the firm. We view your account information and data as confidential and continuously work to hold ourselves to the highest standards of fiduciary responsibility.
Throughout this policy, we refer to information that personally identifies you or your accounts as “personal information.”
We are committed to protecting your personal information and recognize that it was given to us in trust in connection with providing one or more financial services to you. This policy will describe how we do this in more detail.
Information We Collect About You
GeoVest collects the following types of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications, personal meetings, telephone messages, or other forms you provide to us.
- Information about your transactions, positions, and history with us.
- Information we receive from broker/dealers and other solicitors who have previously been authorized by you to send information to us; and
- Information provided by other professionals who have been previously authorized by you to provide information to us.
We collect this information to administer your accounts, understand your financial situation, satisfy regulatory requirements, solicit new business, and generally serve you better.
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties unless one of the following applies:
- We may disclose personal information to companies that help us process transactions, maintain client information or service your account, such as custodians of your securities, data storage providers and auditors.
- We may also disclose personal information such as tax information to your accountants and your attorneys but only after authorization by you.
- We may disclose or report personal information as permitted by law, for example, in compliance with the legitimate requests of regulators or law enforcement authorities.
Access to nonpublic personal information is restricted to:
- Those employees who specifically work on your account on a need-to-know basis. All employees are trained and required to safeguard such information.
- Companies we hire to provide support services such as custodians of securities, data storage providers and offsite storage custodians of historical account information. These companies are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality of personal information and maintain security procedures to safeguard unauthorized access.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized use.
We do not sell nonpublic personal information to anyone.
GeoVest Advisors, Inc.
245 WillowBrook Office Park
Fairport, NY 14450
(585) 248-5050 or (800) 638-5050